Lodging a severance claim is simple using the Protect App. Once you have separated from your employer you can start the process.

How to make a severance claim

How to make a claim

Lodge a claim in under 3 minutes using our app

Members are encouraged to lodge initial severance claims on both Termination and Genuine Redundancy accounts through our phone app for super fast results.

Those seeking to lodge subsequent or retirement claims should contact us on 1300 344 249 to obtain paperwork tailored for you.

How do I log in?

If you've already registered for online access then you can use your Protect member number and password provided to you, to also access our app. If you've forgotten your password simply reset it via our website:

If you haven't registered for online access give us a call on 1300 344 249 and we'll instantly send you an SMS with your log in details.

Initiating the claim process via the Protect app

Once you have separated from your employer you can start the claim process.

Have your tax file number and banking details handy. If you have a separation certificate take a photo of it - you'll get the chance to attach it to your claim - don't worry if you don't have one, you can still proceed.

You'll be asked to provide the following information:

  • The Employer you are claiming from
  • Employment start date and end date
  • Reason for separation
  • Separation Certificate (if you have one)
  • Amount you want to claim
  • Tax file number
  • Account details

That's it! You can save or cancel a claim anytime before hitting submit and if you have any questions call us on 1300 344 249.

Further options for lodging a claim

If you don't have access to our app you can log in to the workers area of our website to make a claim or call us on 1300 344 249, and we can help you through the process.

What about income protection claims?

If you're looking to make an income protection claim, click the link below and you'll be taken through to ATC Insurance Solutions where you can find injury, sickness and other claim form information.